We live in a material world, but the sages of Judaism have taught for 3500 years that the world around us is an illusion. It is real, but still an illusion created by God for us to experience life and make choices that affect our eternal well being. I have learned this from Rabbi Ariel bar Tzadok at https://www.koshertorah.com/
I recently came across two articles that seem to verify this concept. The first article Are We Living in a Computer Simulation is a scientific paper which argues that we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation. The second article Science Proves That Human Consciousness and Our Material World Are Intertwined: See For Yourself" postulates that units of consciousness (prayers,thoughts, and intentions) directly affect our physical material world. It goes on to state the following:
"For quite some time now, physicists have been exploring the relationship between human consciousness and its relationship to the structure of matter. Previously it was believed that a Newtonian material universe was the foundation of our physical material reality. This all changed when scientists began to recognize that everything in the universe is made out of energy. Quantum physicists discovered that physical atoms are made up of vorticies of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating. Matter, at it’s tiniest observable level, is energy, and human consciousness is connected to it, human consciousness can influence it’s behavior and even re-structure it."The paper on human consciousness goes on to review the latest quantum physics and recently declassified government military research documents to make their case. The paper examines the following:
1) The quantum double slit experiment that demonstrates how the outcome can be altered by the observer.
2) The government sponsored psychokinesis experiments dealing with the possible influence of human consciousness on the behavior of physical or biological systems or processes (i.e. bending spoons).
3) The Global Consciousness Experiment/Random Number Generators.
4) NSA/CIA Remote Viewing Experiments In Conjunction With Stanford University.
5) Thoughts and Intentions Alter The Physical Structure of Water.
6) The Placebo Effect where people heal themselves by believing something will help them.
7) Teleportation of small objects.
8) The science of the heart - results have shown that emotional information is encoded into this electromagnetic field.
This research demonstrates that our consciousness and material physical world are intertwined and affect each other. It seems that science is finally catching up to what religious people have know for centuries - heaven is the real world and this world is a mere illusion from which we interact to learn in preparation for eternity.